Nardy House provides permanent accommodation and respite to people with profound physical disabilities in the Bega area, with
- Support and advocacy to people with profound disabilities and their carers.
- Therapy and hydrotherapy to assist people with profound disabilities. This facility is at the design stage.
- Specialised respite in a world class facility offered twenty-four hours/ seven days a week.
- A “hands -on” Registered Nurse as our Respite Coordinator.
- Support nursing staff in the respite facility who provide nursing level of care around the clock for very high level support needs
- Support and advocacy to local and regional carers
- The development of promotional material related to fund raising and assisting the building programme.
Our support staff
Our specialised and highly skilled staff is bringing a new level of care to disability service provision in the Bega Valley. Clients and carers from as far away as the Southern Highlands and Goulburn have been accessing the respite facility. We are seeing clients with very high support needs that require our nursing staff and CSW staff to upgrade their skills to be competent and confident in care provision. Our allocation panel meets regularly to cater for our increasing client base. The panel ensures that individual requests are catered for in a fair and equitable manner. We also keep our crisis bed available for emergency situations.