Nardy House needs volunteers committed to our vision to support our many and varied programs to play an important role in our ability to provide services to children and adults with profound disabilities, including people with acquired brain injuries. Our volunteers are people from all walks of life and this rich diversity fits with Nardy House’s presence in the community.
With the continual growth in our programs and the ongoing commitment to new programs, the scope for volunteering is growing. Our volunteers are able to support us with ongoing support to clients, administration assistance, group support, one off volunteering and event support.
Why volunteer for Nardy House?
- To enrich your life and those around you
- To assist our clients to reach their true potential
- To understand your community
- To uncover or offer your skills, talents and expertise
- To meet new people
- To have fun and of course, to make a difference!
Nardy House Volunteers Enjoy
- Appreciation and acknowledgment of their volunteering
- In-house training of the highest standard
- Personal Accident and Public Liability insurance coverage
- A program based on the National Volunteering Standards set out by Volunteering Australia.
How can I volunteer?
Based on our opportunities available at the time, we will work with you to find the perfect place for you to volunteer. Ideally we will be able to match you with a program or activity that support both our organisation and your reasons for volunteering.
Volunteers might support Nardy House in the following ways:
- Administration Support
- Community Participation Support
- Community visits and client support
- Fundraising and marketing events & opportunities
- In-house activities support
New opportunities are available all the time and please do not hesitate to initiate discussion on how your skills may support our clients in new ways.
What we need:
- Volunteer Application
- Application Form
- Volunteer Code of Confidentiality Form
- 100 Point Identification Checklist
Some roles benefit from a volunteer who is able to make an ongoing commitment while others are ideal if you only have limited hours to donate as a volunteer. Where a role is directly supporting our clients we would like someone who is able to commit on a regular basis for at least six months. Short term and one off volunteers are always required for our fundraising and special events. We will work with you to find a volunteering role that fits with your interests and availability.
Download > our Volunteer Application Form
We welcome interest people to contact staff at Nardy House to discuss volunteering options. Alternatively, you may send an email to volunteering(at)nardyhouse.com.au or ring us on 02 64938120